- UKIP will repeal the Climate Change Act 2008 which costs the economy £18bn a year.
- UKIP supports a diverse energy market including coal, nuclear, shale gas, geo-thermal, tidal, solar, conventional gas and oil.
- We will scrap the Large Combustion Plant Directive and encourage the re-development of British power stations, as well as industrial units providing on-site power generation.
- UKIP supports the development of shale gas with proper safeguards for the local environment. Community Improvement Levy money from the development of shale gas fields will be earmarked for lower council taxes or community projects within the local authority being developed.
- There will be no new subsidies for wind farms and solar arrays.
- UKIP will abolish green taxes and charges in order to reduce fuel bills.